Be good to yourself. People will only treat you as well as you treat yourself. ~ M. V. Hansen

Friday, August 26, 2011

Current songs playing in my mind

Listening to music is one of my favorite hobbies. It helps me relax and escape to neverland. Daydreaming is like watching clips from a movie. It allows the dreamer to take control of the situation, if only within a mental plane. Good music, of course, adds spice to the story. 

I recently saw an old TV interview featuring Sting, a great artist who writes superb lyrics. He performed "Every Breath You Take" at the end of the show. What made that session more special was the orchestra. I couldn't help but like the fusion. I searched YouTube for that video, but I saw other pieces that were similarly captivating. Here's my favorite of the lot:


Another tune that I like is The Script's "The Man Who Can't Be Moved". I've already heard this before, but I only got to listen to it fully because of my brother who happens to like this song very much. 

Although the song's premise is about a guy's hope for reconciliation with the woman he lost, what made it a good listening piece is its beat. The rhythm seems to reinforce the guy's zealous optimism. 


Sting's "Every Breath You Take" and The Script's "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" essentially reveal a man's romantic and sensitive side. I sometimes label the former as a "stalker's song", while the latter touches on unrequited love. 

I've dealt with both. And the experience has left me scarred. I think that's why these songs have been playing in my mind. I'm finding it hard to forget the past, although I've moved on. 

I used to be like "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" and had gone through "Every Breath You Take", but it'd be foolish of me to be in a relationship where the other party doesn't really love me in the first place. It's not good to love someone who never valued my worth as a person. In the end, I just had to let go.    

As I listen to these songs now, I just enjoy the music - and not because of something else.


Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Scanner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Love Thoughts .