Be good to yourself. People will only treat you as well as you treat yourself. ~ M. V. Hansen

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Smorgasbord - Rants, Angst, Etc.

As I write this, I still have no clue about what I want to say. You see, I started blogging years ago. Like chatting for the first time, I became quite addicted to it. Each day, I would think of what to write about. It's as if I have people following my posts. An imaginary audience, indeed. 

I remember having daily posts. I'd find the time to blog simply because it was a novel exercise. Then it came to a point when I got tired listening to myself, hearing my voice, reading my thoughts. It's very self-centered that I wanted to puke. 

Working in cyberspace, telecommuting, and staying at home

At that time, I didn't know that I could earn from blogging. I registered on AdSense and a blogging site that no longer exists now. I did earn $0.99 from that gig though. It remained that way until January 2011 when I experimented on paying for AdWords. I earned around $3 until end of February when my measly funds ran out.

It's not easy writing online. Nor is it easy to work here. Both real and virtual worlds are pretty difficult to navigate, especially when it doesn't seem like things aren't moving. 

What caught my curiosity is the chance to earn online while staying at home. Writing for revenue sites, getting paid by busy scholars, submitting ideas, and everything else that has something to do with writing. And there are a lot more like working as a call center agent, virtual assistant, and online tutor. 

Against the law

I quit a university job I've held for years and also left a post at a non-profit agency. It would have been okay if it weren't for backstabbing colleagues, egoistic bosses, a tiring commute, and astronomic fares. I also felt I was losing my self-respect, apart from not having enough time to be with the only person who has kept me alive for over a decade now - my daughter. 

I have a thing for authority. Not that I'm an anarchist, but I don't support the idea of a nation state. My life has become too constrained because of the power and the wealth that I do not have. Governments are supposed to help those who find it difficult to survive, yet they seem to facilitate their extinction for the sake of the few elites, or simply to preserve the status quo.

Some people don't like the idea of having others partake at the fruits of their hard work. That sounds overly selfish to me. I can understand the need for self-preservation, but when such goal results in looking down at those unable to do so, I don't feel comfortable about it anymore.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Scanner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Love Thoughts .